Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday is over....


I haven't really heard a lot of news about how it went overall for retailers. I suppose there will be more on the news shows on Monday morning.

What a hellish day. An employee at a Walmart incredibly trampled to death. I cannot imagine stepping on top of someone in a rushing crowd. And nobody stopped.
And some sort of shoot out at a toy store, didn't get the details of that one, thankfully.

That sense of gotta-buy-it-now panic seems to have subsided. I did a little shopping today in mostly empty stores.

I waver back and forth between not wanting the small businesses that I know personally to suffer in this economic turmoil and thinking that a little less consumerism and conspicuous consumption would be good for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment