Wednesday, December 21, 2011

poor little blog...

sitting here all abandoned, the few readers slowly disappearing, if they remember to visit to officially disappear. 
This blog started, if I remember right, as a venting place for my political leanings.  I really don't want to do that again.  It's not that I don't have political leanings, but it is such a dark place. 
I also don't want to whine about things going wrong in my life, there is such a thing as too much sharing, especially on the internet, and I am sure that I could step WAY over the line easily just ranting away.
Then there was the art and photography that I never got around to posting much of. 

I picked up my well hidden copy of The Artist's Way a few days ago and realized that I had started it about a year and a half ago and abandoned it almost immediately.  I read through some of my Morning Pages and realized that I was really down and depressed and the little I wrote just reinforced that.
I didn't work through it enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So I decided to do The Artist's Way again.  Actually, it will be for the first time since I quit so early on last time.   Last year I was at a low point financially but a really really low point emotionally.
This year the finances make last year look successful, but I have a much more optimistic outlook on creating the life I want.  I think maybe last year I didn't really know what I wanted and that has clarified for me in the last year or so. 
The Artist's Way will start getting me writing here again.  No, I am not going to inflict my Morning Pages on the world.  That sort of babbling is suppose to be private and besides, I agree with Ms. Cameron that it should be hand written if possible. 
But I may blog about how this project is affecting my life.  Hopefully in mostly good ways.
With a more optimistic outlook I may feel free for an occasional political rant, but it will be short.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I've done The Artist's Way twice. Lent it to somebody and don't have it anymore. Yes, the morning pages are better to do handwritten.

    I'd love to hear how AW is effecting your life. Looking forward to it. When are you starting? New Year's Day? Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already started. Working on the first chapter. :-)

    ReplyDelete